- Chrome [Recommended Browser for Windows]
- Confirmed support for version 86.0.4240.198
- Firefox [Recommended Browser for Mac]
Not on all browsers: Saganworks requires WebGL2 to operate at its fullest. Seeing pink? Try enabling WebGL 2.0
Recommended Device Specs(Desktop):
- 16 Gb of RAM
- i5 Processor or larger
- Dedicated GPU (graphics card)
Supported Mobile Devices:
- iPhone 6 and newer
- iPad Gen 4+, iPadPro
- Android on Android OS 10+
- Note: Some large Sagans (have >90KIs) are too large for older/less performant iPhones. The iPhone X, 11, 12 and iPad air, pro will often support these but not the iPad 7, 8, xr, potentially 12mini
Recommended Internet Speed (approx.):
- > 15 Mbps Download
- > 1 Mbps Upload
- Upload speed won't affect exploring Sagans. This becomes more important when building Sagans because the higher your upload speed is, the faster your files will upload to the Sagan Drive
Not sure how fast your internet is? Check your internet speed here
If you notice Saganworks is slow or your computer is getting hot:
- Close other programs running simultaneously that you don't need
- Plug your laptop into its charger
Addressing Performance Issues:
Internet speed, computer specifications, and Sagan content all affect the time it takes to load your Saganworks and your Sagans. If your internet is slow and a Sagan is dense with images and furniture, Saganworks may take multiple minutes to load a Sagan.
You might notice that the first time loading into Saganworks after restarting your computer or quitting your browser takes longer than subsequent times. We utilize your browser's cache to make Saganworks more performant over time, which means that this initial load will take a little longer. This also applies to Sagans that you load multiple times.
For best results at loading into Saganworks quickly, connect to fast internet and let the page load before moving to another tab.
Additionally, as we expand coverage globally, these times will reduce for our users outside of the United States.
Additional Recommendations for Sagan Building
- We recommend less than 90 Knowledge Items per Sagan to decrease loading times and to improve mobile phone accessibility of the Sagan (some Sagans built on desktop are too large to open on a mobile device)
- Decreasing the number of objects on the wall by moving them to shelves decreases load times. Sagans can support more shelf objects than wall objects, due to resolution differences
- Consider distributing files into multiple Sagans snapped together with doors
Newer Mac computers hosting the M1 chip and running Big Sur may have experienced issues prior to March 2021. These issues should now be resolved; if you are experiencing issues loading your Saganworks, please reach out to email@example.com